Tuesday, November 20, 2007

#10 Flikr



This is the rather cute outcome of my diligently carrying out the first exercise under Flikr.

I really like Flikr - I'd encountered it before, of course, including through Picture Australia and its projects encouraging people to add their own images: I did a search under Maldon and the hit list included some really good images from Flikr. I get the impression that Flikr contributions are carefully vetted so that quality images only are added to the Picture Australia database.
I'm thinking, also, on a personal level, that Flikr could be a really effective way of sharing one's own photos with (selected) others, better, perhaps than attaching them to emails which can be a dodgy process at times. My partner's nephew who has been living in Thailand for the last few years uses a similar photo sharing facility called Ringo (ringo.com) allowing us view his various high jinks (mostly comprising running in marathons followed by celebratory drinking sessions with friends!)

I carried out, with some misgivings, the exercise on uploading one's own images onto flicker using our SLV Learning 2.0 login. The two pictures of Byron Bay which I recently posted on my blog are now hanging around somewhere on Flikr - hopefully no-one will ever be able to trace them back to me, just to that mysterious individual 'slvlearning'.

No comments: