Tuesday, October 9, 2007

#5 WIKIS (cont.)

Have been having a fun time "editing" the SLV Desk Wiki, or trying to. Thought I'd have a crack at editing the Ships Research Guide and had taken on board the fact that editing is much easier in Firefox than IE. I thought I WAS in Firefox but realised after much fiddling around with formatting that I'd navigated to the wiki from IE - once I discovered my error I went back in via Firefox and found I could do what I needed to. I can see that the Wiki format will be very useful for lots of info desk related material as editing is basically easy to do and so can be the responsibility of a a wide range of people, and there need be no excuse for out-of -date content. Having said that, it would probably be wise to make provision for some sort of moderating process - can't be too freewheeling!

No comments: